Subject Access Request to ETC of PWD
Rights you have over your data
You have a range of rights over your data, which include the following:
- Where data processing is based on consent, you may revoke this consent at any time and we will make it as easy as possible for you to do this (for example ‘unsubscribe’ links).
- You have the right to ask for rectification and/or deletion of your information. You have the right of access to your information.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner if you feel your rights have been infringed.
(A full summary of your legal rights over your data can be found on the Information Commissioner’s website.)
Individuals have the right to know what data we hold on them, why the data is being processed and whether it will be given to any third party. They have the right to be given this information in a permanent form: a subject access request.
(For further information see ICO guidance on handling subject access requests.)
If you would like to access the rights listed above, or any other legal rights you have over your data under current legislation, please get in touch with us by making a subject access request.
Process for a subject access request.
ETC of PWD will accept a subject access request, find all the relevant data and comply within one month of receipt of the request. All individuals who are the subject of personal data held by ETC of PWD are entitled to:
- Ask what information ETC of PWD holds about them and why.
- Ask how to gain access to it.
- Be informed how to keep it up to date.
- Be informed how ETC of PWD is meeting its data protection obligations.
Subject access requests from individuals should be made by email (Please put subject access request in the subject heading), addressed to the Chair of ETC of PWD:
The Chair will deal with subject access requests, delegating the responsibility to the relevant trustee for that question, but the Chair will be responsible for the final reply to the data subject. The chair can authorise derogations (data which will not be disclosed to the subject) where this is justified, for example confidential references.
- Individuals may be charged a fee for unfounded or excessive subject access requests.
- ETC of PWD will verify the identity of anyone making a subject access request before handing over any information.
- Individuals requesting their information will be given copies of all information held or archived, and the source of that information, the reason for having the information, and whether any element of the information was shared with other organisations and people and why it was shared.
- ETC of PWD will respond to subject access requests within one calendar month from receipt of the fee or receipt of verification of identity, whichever comes last.
NB: Please note that relying on some of these rights, such as the right to deleting your data, will make it impossible for us to continue to deliver some services to you. However, where possible we will always try to allow the maximum access to your rights while continuing to deliver as many services to you as possible.